Front End Software Developer
Listed by teresa_ramlogan @ Feb 22, 2016 - 12:00:03 PM
Jobs » Programming In Toronto
Report: VP Marketing/IT
Hours of work: 10 am - 6pm
Summary of Role:
The Front End Software Developer is responsible for researching, designing, developing, programming and releasing software solutions to a high standard of quality. Working in an Agile development environment, the role will be accountable for building and maintaining web applications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Work collaboratively with team members to conceptualize, document, develop and build consumer facing responsive web applications
• Working in an Agile environment, accountable for estimating, sprint planning and meeting deadlines
• Contribute to processes and procedures to advise and support best practices
• Debug issues and provide ongoing maintenance and updates
• Write clean, well-documented code including unit testing
• Support our customers and operations as required
• Third-party API application integration
• Undergraduate degree from a recognized university or college
• 3 – 5 years’ experience as a front-end software developer
• Experience developing for cross platform/browser compatibility and accessibility
• Experience with social (Facebook, Google+, Twitter), Google and Bing APIs
• Experience working with JQuery and other frontend libraries
• Experience working with source control management (Git)
• Experience with server-side languages (PHP)
• Good understanding of SEO/SEM best practices
• Expertise in HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
• Excellent understanding of UI/UX design best practices
• Ability to react quickly to change and ambiguity
Nice to Have:
• AngularJS experience
• Experience in relational databases (MySQL)
411.ca Work Perks:
• Birthday’s off
• Competitive benefits package
• Games room: pool table, video games, ping pong
• Food! We have frequent team lunches, potlucks and BBQs in the summer
• Product launch parties that are epic!
• Exclusive top performers events with our executives
• Company-wide incentive trips
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume email@example.com by March 4th 2016 specifying the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
411.ca is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.